Portland Union Station

Portland Union Station

Architecture & Conservation | Portland, OR | Completed

Portland’s major rail station was designed by the architectural firm of Van Brunt & Howe of Kansas City and Boston and was opened for service in 1896. Beginning in 2008, ARG served as architect on a three-phase transportation enhancement project to rehabilitate key elements of the historic station, including re-roofing, masonry repairs, rebuilding historic doors, and renovating all of the historic wood, and the bronze and steel doors and windows. The building remained fully occupied during construction.