Architecture, Conservation & Planning | Portland, OR | Completed
The Pittock Mansion was constructed in 1914 in the West Hills, overlooking downtown Portland. The French Renaissance “château” is the city’s most prominent historic home and now serves as a house museum and events center. The building, which falls under the purview of the Portland Parks and Recreation Department, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. In 2014, the Pittock Mansion Society retained ARG to identify the most urgent issues in need resolution, which included seismic and structural upgrades and restoration of the exterior.