McDonald House

McDonald House

Architecture & Conservation | Hillsboro, OR | Completed

Built in 1912 by Oregon Nursery Company co-founder Malcolm McDonald, the McDonald house was acquired by the Hillsboro Parks and Recreation Department in 2013 with the goal of creating a new community event space in the heart of Orenco Woods Nature Park. ARG was involved early on to study programming, building upgrades, and conservation measures required on the exterior and interior of the building. The team’s thoughtful approach ensured careful integration of new systems with the old, enhancing the historic fabric while allowing for modern use.