Architecture, Conservation & Planning | Oregon City, OR | Completed
Built in 1844, the two-story Greek Revival Francis Ermatinger House is one of the oldest surviving structures in Oregon and once served as the home of Francis Ermatinger, a notable Oregon pioneer. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings and had functioned as a museum from 1986 until 2010, when it was closed due to concerns about its structural integrity. To bring the museum back to the public, the City of Oregon City selected ARG as lead architect and conservator to complete a multi-faceted rehabilitation. ARG also developed a strategic plan with detailed recommendations for critical next steps, including governance, fundraising, maintenance, interpretation, and programming.